Wednesday, November 12, 2008

reasons for hope.......what are yours????

Reasons for the hope….

Always be prepared to share, that verse says. If ever there was a time to be ready to share the hope, it’s now.
Today I have been thinking about some of the reasons for the hope I have:

*He is MIGHTY TO SAVE. (Zeph. 3:17)
*He expressed His love for me in that while I was still a sinner, He died for me. He died for you, too. (Rom. 5:8)
*God will never change. I can fully trust Him because He will not act contrary to His character or Word. (Heb. 13:8)
*He always keeps His promises. ALL of them – some in principle and others specifically designed for us in our times. (Deut. 7:9)
*He is faithful to finish what He starts. Including in me. (Phil. 1:6)
*He will only allow what He knows I need and can handle with His help. (1 Cor. 10:13)
*My eternity is secure, so what have I to fear? (Deut. 31:8)
*He sets up kings and kingdoms, and also dethrones them as He sees fit. (Daniel)
*He is always sovereign. Always. SOVEREIGN. (the entire Bible!)
*He knows my heart is deceitful and desperately wicked, and yet He still loves me. (Jer. 17:9)
*His love for me never changes based on what I do or don’t do. (Ps. 107:31)
*He lifts me up – when I am weak, He is strong. (2 Cor. 12:10)
*I have the Holy Spirit in me. I can rely on Him, and not myself, because I am so unreliable on my own! (Luke 3:16)
*He can move mountains. (Matt. 17:20)
*No one can snatch me out of God’s hands. I am perfectly safe, always. (Heb. 13:5)
*It is for freedom that He set me free. My chains are gone! (Gal. 5:1)
*He is preparing a place for me. (John 14:3)
*All prophecy either has come true or will come true. (Rev. 22:7)
*God’s Word is alive in me. It pierces me just when I need it. (Heb. 4:12)
*God’s Word works. (the entire Bible!)
*With God on my side, who can be against me? (Rom. 8:31)
*Victory has already been won. (1 John 5:4)
*I can do all things through Christ Who gives me strength. (Phil 4:13)
*He gives and takes away, and either way, I can say ‘blessed be the name of the Lord’. (Job)

See what I mean?? I could go on and on and on, but these came to my mind as I sat here and brainstormed why I have the HOPE that I have. It’s been a good exercise – try it for yourself!! And, remember to always be prepared to give an answer to share the reason for the HOPE that you have. Don’t miss the opportunity………

No comments: